2021 Saltwater Angler Redfish Ladies Series
RULES AND REGULATIONS
All rules stated below will remain in effect for the 2021 Saltwater Angler Redfish Series LLC. All decisions made by the tournament director and/or tournament officials will be final in all matters. The tournament director and/or the tournament officials can make a change when the safety of a contestant is in question or by a unanimous decision by the tournament committee.
Any changes to the rules will be posted on the website www.saltwateranglerseries.com and communicated to the tournament members in the pre-tournament meeting before the tournament.
Warnings, penalties and disqualifications will be determined by the tournament officials. A signature on one set of rules and regulations, online signature is applicable for the Saltwater Angler Redfish Series events and may be used as an acknowledgement for such.
Each participant (“contestant”) must read and acknowledge the following rules and indicate so by signing an entry form. A “team” shall consist of two contestants.
During these events a “Captain”, guide or alternate Driver of the boat may be used. The Driver of the boat cannot assist in any way, shape or form physically except for tying on hooks, and removing a hook from fish. The lady Anglers are on their own in regard to locations, techniques, strategies, casting, catching, netting.
Membership is Mandatory to participate in the Saltwater Angler Redfish Series Events. $50.00 per Angler is the fee, and if you are using a guide/captain they are not required to purchase a membership. The Membership will include a Goody Bag and offer Discounts from our Participating Sponsors. These fees are used to help with all expenses that come with running these events such as Insurance, Travel Expenses, and contract labor throughout the Tournament Season.
1) Applicable Laws: Federal, State and Local laws shall be obeyed by contestants at all times. Contestants choosing to fish outside of Texas waters shall adhere to the local and state laws of the venue in which the contestant is fishing, including purchasing and possessing a valid fishing license for that state effective for the dates of competition. Violation of any federal, state and/or local laws shall result in the disqualification of the individual and his team from the Saltwater Angler Redfish Series LLC event.
2) Tournament Eligibility: Contestants under 18 years old must fish with their legal guardian as their teammate, or another adult approved by the minor’s legal guardian. The Saltwater Angler Redfish Series LLC reserves the right to refuse participation in any event to any individual and/or team at the discretion of the tournament director.
3) Alcoholic Beverages and Illegal Drugs: Consumption of any alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs during tournament hours is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs may not be in the possession of any team member or on board a participating boat during the hours of tournament competition.
4) Sportsmanship: Saltwater Angler Redfish Series LLC participants are expected to follow the highest standards of sportsmanship, courtesy and ethics. Unsportsmanlike and unethical conduct will result in disqualification. Please refer to the Texas Boating Safety Rules.
5) Permitted Tournament Fishing Waters: Contestants may fish in any inshore / offshore public water accessible by boat. “Inshore / offshore” for this series is defined as the navigable, tide consumable coastal waters, bays, rivers, and wetlands, extending to the inside / outside of the passes to The Gulf of Mexico.
- No fishing is allowed within 200 yards of any ferry landing.
- Contestants shall not fish in any area which has been “closed” by a governmental agency.
- Wade fishing is allowed, but contestants must remain within 100 yards of the boat or kayak.
- Participants are not allowed to fish within 100 yards (300 feet) of another anchored boat or wade fisherman unless they are invited in by that team. An anchored boat is a boat held in a stable position by an anchor, a weight, push pole, Power-Pole, or other “anchoring” mechanism with the trolling motor in the up position. If a team invites another team into the inviting team’s 100-yard area, any tournament participant is also allowed within the waived area.
- The anchored boat in an area first has the right to 100-yard radius of the area.
- If the boat does not have a trolling motor the definition of anchored still applies.
6) Permitted Fishing Methods: All tournament fish shall be taken by rod, reel, and artificial tackle for the “artificial” division, or live & dead baits for the “bait” division. Contestants shall not “harass” fish, to include such antics as “burning” or corralling of schools with a boat. Prior to and during the tournament, contestants shall not “cork” or otherwise mark fish or schools of fish for identification for the purposes of locating fish during tournament hours. Wade-fishing is allowed. Teams who wade-fish must remain within a 100-yard radius of the team’s boat. However, contestants may not leave the boat to net a fish hooked while the contestant or his partner is in the boat. A wade-fisherman must net his own fish. Teams shall not have one participant fishing from the boat with the other teammate wade-fishing; both teammates must be fishing in the same manner. Both team members must be in the boat before the combustion engine is started.
WADEFISHING IS ALLOWED
7) Weigh-in times for all divisions will be between 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM. Contestants who are not at the official checkpoint area at the appointed time will be penalized at the rate of one-half (1/2) pound, per minute, which will be deducted from the team’s total day’s weight. Any contestant more than fifteen (15) minutes late will be disqualified from entry. Teams who are not able to check in due to equipment failure or other unforeseen circumstances are responsible for contacting the tournament director before the official check-in is over in order to determine an acceptable solution. Ron Henne (361)438-7572.
After a Team has weighed in their fish, that team is to trailer their boat to make room for the other teams that have not yet arrived.
8) Polygraphs: By signature on the official tournament entry form, each contestant agrees to submit to a polygraph test and be bound by its interpreted results and conclusions. Any team, person, or contestant in each event shall be subject to a polygraph examination and will not receive any award until the test has been administered and determined to be non-deceptive. Polygraph tests may be issued at the discretion of the tournament director/committee for any reason, and each contestant hereby acknowledges and consents to the examination. The results and interpretations of the polygraph are final, and each contestant hereby knowingly, intelligently and voluntarily waives any review of said test result, including any judicial process seeking to overturn, amend or otherwise negate the finding of the test administrator.
9) Insurance and Liability: It is the responsibility of the boat owner to carry liability insurance covering the vessel. The Saltwater Angler Redfish Series LLC will not issue liability coverage for its events. All tournament participants are required to sign a waiver absolving all tournament officials, officers, participants, sponsors and co-sponsors from any responsibility for damage or personal injury sustained as a result of the contestant’s participation in the tournament or its related activities, and the contestant’s signature on this form shall constitute an alternate release in the instance the member fails to sign the official DECLARATION, WAIVER, RELEASE, AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT.
10) Pre-Tournament Captain’s Meeting: Late Tournament Registration for the Saltwater Angler Series will be on Friday evening before the tournament date between 6:00 PM and 7:30 PM. A Mandatory “Captains” pre-tournament meeting will be held following registration at 7:30 PM. At least one member of each team shall attend the Pre-Tournament meeting. Participants may be excused from the Friday night meeting if arrangements are made with the Saltwater Angler Series. Participants must have written documentation from the Saltwater Angler Series office and present it upon registration if the participant is excused from the Friday meeting. If a contestant fails to attend the registration and pre-tournament meeting without written permission from the Saltwater Angler office, a one (1) pound, per fish, per day penalty, will be assessed against the team’s fish at weigh-in.
11) Communication: No communication via multi-media methods, social networking, cell phone, e-tablet, laptop, radio, pager or any other device will be allowed from outside sources or tournament participants during tournament hours that will give a team or contestant any advantage from data or information regarding fishing the event. Purchasing of information and/or hiring of services from local experts or guides will not be permitted within 7 days prior to the competition. Face-to-face information shared between teams during tournament hours may not be used to give either team an advantage over other teams. If a team has an emergency, a mechanical problem, or needs immediate assistance, teams may contact local authorities, emergency services, the Coast Guard or the Tournament Director Ron Henne Jr. (361)438-7572. Teams must notify the tournament director immediately if these circumstances exist. * in other words, don’t be calling your buddies to find out if they are catching, and where.
12) Entry Fees, Tournament Registration and Identification: The entry fee for the event is $400.00 per, two-person Redfish “Boat” team. Big Fish Pots are available for each division and will be paid in Cash at Captains meeting in the amount of $50.00 per Team for the big Fish Pot. The entry fee is non-refundable. Teams must have 100% of the tournament’s entry fee paid in full 5 days prior to the event date. A late fee of $150.00 per Team will be assessed to teams who pay after the deadline (5) days before event and will be accepted at Captains meeting in CASH only. All entry fees are non-refundable and are in consideration for holding a team’s spot and calculation of projected winnings for tournament officials.
13) Boat, Motor and Horsepower Regulations: All boats shall be a minimum of 15 feet in length and be equipped with a minimum of 25 hp motor. Each boat must have all required U.S. Coast Guard safety equipment. In addition, each boat must have a properly aerated live-well, which is one that is reasonably likely to sustain the life of (2) Two REDFISH under the circumstances. The Tournament Director shall have the sole responsibility for determining whether aeration and capacity is adequate. Live-wells will be inspected upon checkout on the morning of the tournament. ALL BOATS MUST BE EQUIPPED WITH AN OPERABLE IGNITION KILL SWITCH. The kill switch device must be attached to the driver's body anytime the combustion engine is operating. Anytime the combustion engine is operating and in gear, there must be a driver in the driver's seat in full control of the boat. Any fuel tanks that are not installed by the boat manufacturer are prohibited. Fuel may be carried only in factory installed (built-in) fuel tanks. Any additional fuel used during the tournament day must be purchased from a retail facility open to the public.
14) Launch: At registration a member from each team will pull from a container their launch #. Boats will launch low # too high #.
15) Safety: Safe boating will be observed at all times. Each contestant is required to properly wear a U.S. Coast Guard approved, personal floatation device anytime the combustion engine is engaged, Kayak Anglers are to wear this device at all times while on the water. Tournament days may be shortened or canceled due to unsafe weather or water conditions. The decision to shorten or to cancel will be left totally to the discretion of the tournament director/committee. A 4-hour period shall constitute a day of fishing. It is the competitor’s responsibility to communicate with the Tournament Director if cancellation of the event is suspected. Cancellations will be communicated via VHF radios on a channel decided at the Pre-Tournament Meeting. If conditions are not safe on the tournament day, the Saltwater Angler Redfish Series LLC reserves the right to reschedule the tournament on the following day (Sunday). If conditions are not favorable.
16) Tackle and Equipment: Only artificial lures only may be used in Artificial Division. Live bait, dead bait can be used in the bait division. Only one rod and reel may be used at any one time per angler in the Boat.
17) Fish: This format will consist of a (2) fish limit 20-28” for weigh-in. Each angler may possess up to three (3) redfish while wading; however, only two (2) redfish may be retained in a team’s boat at any given time. Cumulatively, in no instance may a team possess an amount of redfish over the team’s limit. In other words, the amount of redfish possessed by a team in total, whether on a contestant’s person while wading (SIX), or in the team’s boat, may not collectively add up to more than TWO. Live fish may be culled; teams must keep (retain) dead fish. Contestants are responsible for keeping their REDFISH alive. Any dead fish tendered for weight will be assessed an eight-ounce penalty per fish. No altered, mutilated or iced fish will be accepted. REDFISH will be inspected for alterations in size, length and weight. Any altered fish shall result in the disqualification of the team weighing the altered fish and may result in a perpetual ban from the Saltwater Angler Series future events.
Any tail that has not been tampered with by any team member will be accepted. *This is a polygraph question.
Boat Bag: (2) Redfish in the slot (20”-28”) No Over Size
There will be NO CULLING at the weigh-in. Once you break the point of entry into the Marina Basin. No more than 2 fish are allowed in Livewell.
All fish must be within the TPWD regulations.
18) Scoring: Tournament standings, auxiliary awards and final winners shall be determined by the total weight of each team’s catch during the tournament consisting of (2) redfish, measured in pounds and 100ths of a pound over a 1-day period. Only redfish at least 20 inches in length, but less than or equal to 28 inches in length may be weighed-in. All redfish must be brought to the weigh station in a live weigh-in tournament bag provided by the Saltwater Angler Series. Fish may not be brought to weigh-in on a stringer or in a basket. Redfish shall be weighed with the equipment provided by the Saltwater Angler Series. Winner will collect 100 points, 2nd place 99 points, 3rd place 98 points and so on. Those that zero for the event will receive 20 points less than the last team that weighed in fish. Ex. Last team to weigh a fish finished in 33rd place would receive 67 points, a team that zeroed for that same event would receive 47 points. Points will be used for Team of the Year prizes.
19) Ties: If two or more teams have identical weight in the tournament, it will be considered a tie. In the event of a tie, the prize money from the consecutive places will be combined and split between the teams. For example, if two teams tie for fourth place, the amounts designated to fourth place AND fifth place will be combined, divided by two, then distributed to the teams, equally.
20) Protest Procedure: All protests must be submitted in writing, along with a $300 cash deposit. Protests must be submitted to the tournament director no later than 15 minutes following the weigh-in of the last fish. All decisions will be made by the tournament director and committee and are final. If the protest is upheld, the cash deposit will be returned to the person submitting the protest. The protester agrees that by filing a protest, he may be subject to a polygraph test.
21) Permission to be filmed for Television: All participants agree to be filmed, photographed, taped, interviewed, quoted or otherwise revealed, without compensation, by the Saltwater Angler Series or its assigns. This includes but is not limited to the official photographers, writers, hosts, or sponsors of this event under the conditions authorized by the Saltwater Angler Series organizers. Each contestant, by his signature affixed on entry form, hereby gives the Saltwater Angler Series, and it assigns, the right to use (without compensation) the contestant’s name, picture, likeness, quotes, and biographical information, whether audio or visual, before, during and after the period of an individual or team participation in an event.